Als Guide arbeiten
Sind Sie ein aufgeschlossener, positiver, flexibler Mensch mit guten Kommunikationsfähigkeiten? Lieben Sie den Umgang mit Menschen, sprechen Sie Englisch, Deutsch, Spanisch oder Französisch? Sind Sie schon viel gereist, haben Sie Politikwissenschaften/Internationale Beziehungen studiert oder haben Sie für ein Jahr im Ausland gelebt? Dann sollten Sie sich bei uns als Guide bewerben! Schicken Sie uns gleich eine Email mit einem Video, in dem Sie sich kurz vorstellen!
WHO ARE WE?
Meet the people, try the food, live the stories. OURWAY Tours is a bespoke tour operator, specialising in public and private guided tours within Scandinavia. Our range of products stretches from walking and bike tours with different themes to tours with transport. Tours in English and German are our speciality; however, our awesome guides speak a multitude of languages and are all highly praised for giving our guests an entertaining, informative and memorable experience. We want to show visitors Scandinavia, OURWAY!
ABOUT THE POSITION
Do you want to be paid to have fun, meet people, make memories and introduce visitors to the city you call home? As a tour guide at OURWAY Tours, your job will involve introducing tourists to popular attractions such as historical monuments, royal parks, museums, art galleries and more, ensuring our guests are properly greeted and get an informative, entertaining and personal experience.
From public to private tours; specific areas of interest or particular themes; walking, biking or driving tours, we offer it all! Whether you’re in Stockholm, Copenhagen or Oslo, our tours are created in-house focusing on showing guests our view of our fantastic capital cities. You’ll be a cultural ambassador, welcoming committee and local guru. How? By offering commentary and interesting titbits of info, storytelling and fostering opportunity for visitors to fully experience the city, while enjoying its social, cultural and historical highlights.
WHO ARE YOU?
Are you someone who:
- Loves to learn, work with people, have fun, teach others and lives either in Stockholm, Copenhagen or Oslo?
- Is outgoing and like engaging with people?
Do you want to:
- Show visitors your city, the local way?
- Create memories, make dreams come true and share experiences with travellers from around the world?
- Combine your passions/hobbies with your work, and get paid for it, all while having fun?
Is this you? Then it sounds like you’d be a perfect tour guide!
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible schedule: Submit your availability, work as much as you want and when you want
- Work year-round: during peak season (April-September) tours run most days-every day; during winter season we offer reduced hours, tours run less frequently, and primarily on Saturdays
- Comprehensive in-house training to give you the tools to be a fun, successful guide
- Empowerment to be self-responsible, professional and independent
- Acquire valuable skills incl. public speaking, time management, guest service
- An exciting, dynamic work environment that varies from day to day
- To be part of an energetic, dedicated team spread across 3 destinations
- Meeting and working with people from around the world (both guests and colleagues)
- Work for an independent, small (but with large ambitions!) and eager company
- Get paid to have fun!
Job training starts in February and runs on a flexible schedule. Conducted primarily on weekdays and occasional Saturdays, you sign up for training sessions on the offered days you desire. Everyone will have the same foundation and opportunity to learn more, expanding the number of tours you’re qualified for. Only a couple of days will be mandatory (when the head office is visiting from Stockholm).
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- “Can you hear me now? How about now?”: Clearly and articulately conduct informative, fun tours for guests in an engaging manner
- “What is that?”: Answer questions, demonstrate extensive knowledge of the city & related topics
- Keep Calm and Tour On: Remain calm, friendly & enthusiastic at all times; de-escalate any tension with difficult guests
- “I’m late, I’m late, for a very important date!”: Keep the tour moving on schedule while still being considerate to guests
- “Who ya gonna call?”: Know all safety and security protocols, should they be needed
To be able to work as a tour guide at OURWAY Tours you must:
- Be locally based in or nearby the destination you are applying for (Stockholm/Copenhagen/Oslo)
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. Associate’s/bachelor’s degree is a plus, especially in the fields of tourism, architecture & design, international relations & political science.
- Be fluent in English or English & German; bilingual (other languages) is a plus
- Be available to work during peak season (April-September)
- Enjoy working with people
- Be comfortable with public speaking
- Have an enthusiastic, engaging, and informative personality
- Have the ability to remain calm and collected in all situations
- Passion for learning and willingness to continue to acquire relevant knowledge
- Be awesome and enjoy having fun!
- Speak an additional language: German, Spanish, French and/or Italian
- Previous experience from similar jobs
IN THE APPLICATION
- Cover letter & CV (What’s your story?!)
- Two job references
- A short video is highly encouraged (Do you have a favourite spot, thing to do or local food to share?!)
Telephone: SE +46 8 410 773 30 / DK +45 33 60 33 70 / NO +47 23 65 16 60
Applications close: January 14th, 2018